Featured Job Posting - Mechanical Engineer:
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to help us in the design of modules to handle fuels and lubes for the mining industry around the globe. Someone who will live our company values and strive towards AMAZING in everything they do. We are looking for an individual who thrives in a team environment. Someone who acts in the best interest of Fireball and goes above and beyond to make it right. The successful candidate enjoys autonomy and will treat the company like they own it. Above all, we seek someone who looks for the good in any situation. We need a new team member with a broad technical and mechanical background to design fuel and lubrication modules for open pit and underground mines. These modules will typically include piping, pumps, metering, filtration, instrumentation and electrical components, all housed in a building or skid.
· Assist in the design site-wide Process Flow and P&IDs for fuel and lube handling modules
· Plan system-wide standardization and integration of components
· Evaluate and select component equipment
· Create engineering design documents for each module
· Work with EIC and process designers to meet customer requirements
· When asked become the project engineer who is the technical expert on a project
· Meet or exceed departmental KPI’s for task time and engineering time for projects.
· Broad knowledge of industrial equipment such as pumps, piping, metering, valves and instrumentation.
· Understanding of common industrial standards and processes
· Strong understanding and experience with SolidWorks (or similar 3D programs) and AutoCAD P&ID
· Mechanical Engineering degree, registered as a P.Eng with APEGA in good standing
· Very good written and spoken English language skills are required as this position will require consultation with team members, clients and presentations to EPCM Engineering companies.
· Industrial Product design experience
· Mining experience, especially maintenance-related
· PLC or Instrumentation training or experience
· 5 years or more of related experience
What you can expect at Fireball:
At Fireball Equipment we have been working the last few years on building up our engineering team to better serve our customers. We are not your typical engineering team. We are a matrix style team where every member contributes as much as any other. You can be working on multiple different projects every single day. If this does not sound like your cup of tea that is fine. We can’t expect everyone to thrive in this environment and that’s ok. If you are looking for a challenge, where work is never boring and there is always the push for continual improvement, then this may be the place for you. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank everyone for their interest in this position, only candidates that are approved through our first screening will be contacted.
This is our company, together. When considering a place to work, the Fireball team believes that no matter what position you choose, you are part of the family. Our work environment is about connecting with fellow employees and developing new skills to fuel personal and professional growth in a safe professional environment. Creativity and collaboration are essential; as is the respect we give employees, allowing for innovation and independence with their responsibilities.
We welcome skilled and talented individuals, but we also believe in supporting their interests by offering opportunities to expand their education, attend workshops and training sessions to build on what they know and encourage career advancement. We look for ambitious and passionate individuals to grow with us and take on exciting new challenges.
Having the right tools and productive atmosphere at Fireball means you’ll have the support and encouragement to enjoy your day-to-day commitments while working towards more exciting opportunities within the organization. We believe that employees should be encouraged to share their ideas and have the support when looking to benefit the customers and team members of Fireball.
In addition, we offer our employees value-added benefits like paid Christmas Break (Dec 24-Jan 2), education and training reimbursement, cross training, extended healthcare benefits and dental coverage for you and your family, employee family assistance programs, up to $1000 bonus for successful referrals, weekly team meetings, quarterly breakfast meetings, strong health and safety programs, environmentally friendly culture, employee recognition programs, team building activities and special events planned by our Social Club.
Fireball Equipment Ltd.
16815 117 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T5M 3V6
Phone: (780) 944-4818
Fax: (780) 944-4898
USA or Outside North America:
Phone: +1 (877) 944-4818
Fax: (780) 944-4898
Phone: (780) 944-4814
For repair parts and equipment sales:
Phone: (780) 944-4819
Phone: (403) 776-0605
Phone: (306) 717-2125
Phone: (204) 232-1108